We receive material from Artists around the world!
GENERAL GUIDE TO SUBMISSIONS
ISSUE # 2: COLOR BLOCK
Issue #2 will have an expected publication date of Nov 5, 2018.
In this edition (Issue # 2) we will give priority to the Color Blocking concept, that is, “thought of as the exploration of taking colors that are opposites on the color wheel and pairing them together to make interesting and complementary color combinations” (Wikipedia).
The featured artist, images for articles or posts, etc, are chosen from the work that is submitted to the issue.
DEADLINE: Oct 15, 2018
Submit 10-15 photographs along with your artist/project statement (statement must be in the text of the email not as an attachment please), following the guidelines below:
Try to submit images that haven’t already been published in any other side. We prioritize unpublished works.
Limit your submission to 15 images, no more.
Try to ATTACH the image files, not embed them.
1. IMAGE FILE SPECIFICATIONS:
– jpg files only.
– 2400 pixels or more, FOR THE LONGEST EDGE
– 300 ppp.
– Do NOT include borders, watermarks or censored images.
2. FILE NAMING:
– Name the files with your first name and last name (given name then surname) and a number.
– Use the same name that you list in your email as your name.
– No spaces, dashes, parenthesis or other non letter/number characters. You can put an underscore between first and last name if you would like.
Example for “John Doe” = JohnDoe1.jpg, JohnDoe2.jpg etc.
– Subject line of your email should indicate which issue you are submitting for – Issue # or name.
– Send all images in One email.
– Try to ATTACH the image files, not embed them, please don’t attach them using Google Drive. A zip file is fine or a link to wetransfer.
– Put all information (below) as text in your email not as attached documents.
– Do not send pdfs or other text files, only your images should be attached.
4. INCLUDE WITH YOUR ENTRY:
Name – First (given) name, then Last (surname) name.
Location: where you live.
– Titles for your photographs in a numbered list. Write out EACH title as you would want it to appear and please have the list numbers match your file numbers. (in the text of the email).
– URL for more of your work – preferably your own portfolio website, or flickr or facebook or behance or instagram or tumblr or a blog etc., in the text of the email.
Submissions Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or have difficulty sending your images, please email us to email@example.com
By submitting photos for publication in Posta Magazine, you are stipulating to us that you own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. You are granting Posta Magazine a non-exclusive license to use the photograph in its submitted form, subject to re-sizing to fit the magazine format, for publication on the Posta website for as long as the website exists. Please note that back issues of Posta Magazine may remain available in the archive for as long as the website exists. If an image is used as a cover to the magazine you are granting Posta Magazine permission to use it for promotion on sites such as facebook.com and to put the Posta Magazine logo on it.